Residents who wish to vote by absentee ballot for any election should follow the provisions below.
Absentee ballots will be available 45 days prior to the election.
- Aug. 9, 2016 – State Primary Election: Absentee ballots are available starting June 24, 2016
- Nov. 8, 2016 – General Election: Absentee ballots are available starting Sept. 23, 2016
Visit the Minnesota Secretary of State's website to complete the absentee ballot application process online.
Absentee Voting Hours
You may vote by absentee ballot at City Hall beginning on the dates noted above. City Hall hours are Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Extended Hours: City Hall will be open extended hours for absentee voting:
- State Primary Election: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6. City hall will remain open until 5 p.m. Aug. 8.
- General Election: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 5. City hall will remain open until 5 p.m. Nov. 7.
If you are unable to vote in person at City Hall, you can complete an absentee ballot application (PDF) and do one of the following:
- Fax it to Hennepin County Elections, 612-348-2151
- Attach it to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail it to:
Hennepin County Elections
300 South 6th Street
012 Skyway Level - Government Center
Minneapolis, MN 55487
If you’re unable to download the application, please call 612-348-5151 to request that an absentee ballot application be sent to you.
Upon receipt of completed and signed application, your absentee ballot will be sent to you.
Military & Overseas Voters
If you are in the military or residing overseas, there is a different process for applying and voting by absentee ballot. Please visit the Hennepin County website for more information.
Track Your Absentee Ballot
You can track your absentee ballot using the Absentee Ballot Status Lookup feature on the Minnesota Secretary of State website. Visit the Secretary of State's website for more information.
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482